Bergamot is a precious citrus fruit sought after all over the world. Its cultivation is strictly limited to the Reggio Calabria district only.
In this narrow strip of land on the Ionian coast of Calabria, 90% of the world production of Bergamot is grown. The cultivation is not exportable and its habitat impossible to reproduce.
It is a natural remedy with disinfectant, antiviral and antioxidant properties and is also used as an adjuvant treatment in case of cystitis and as an antidepressant.
It is used against acne, psoriasis and vitiligo. In the kitchen, it is often used as a flavoring for candies, candied fruit, nougat, ice cream, liqueurs and soft drinks.
Furthermore, bergamot is one of the most used essences in the perfume industry due to its fresh and floral aroma, even by important brands. Dior Sauvage of the Dior house, for example, won the title of perfume of the year in 2019 thanks to the essence of bergamot
ANYWAYS EXPERIENCE: ADOPTING A BERGAMOT TREE FROM CALABRIA
Mario, a young Calabrian and agricultural entrepreneur, takes care of the cultivation of this precious citrus fruit in Monasterace, in the province of Reggio Calabria, with love and passion.
He dedicates his time, energy and passion to take care of a project of sharing and safeguarding a rare and precious fruit like Bergamot, symbol of his land.
Adopting a Bergamot tree will allow you to have a corner of Calabria at your disposal and experience its flavours. With the adoption you will receive its very fresh fruits, known and loved all over the world not only for their flavor and fragrance, but also for their beneficial qualities. A few hours after the harvest the fruits will be delivered to you in elegant poplar wooden boxes, entirely handmade.
Their splendid design will allow you to reuse them as a piece of furniture.
With an adoption you will live or give a truly unique experience.
Adoption is valid for one year and includes:
- Certificate of Adoption in PDF
- A personalized plaque on the tree with your name or chosen name (in case of a gift)
- Photos and information of the tree during the year
- Bergamot fruits at home: you will receive in a precious poplar wood box (which can be reused as a piece of furniture) 10 kg of the best quality organic bergamot grown exclusively in the PDO geographical areas a few hours after the harvest Recipes to take advantage of the fruits in the kitchen
- The opportunity to visit your tree and discover the secrets of Bergamot production located in Monasterace (Reggio Calabria)
Total cost = 125 Euros/1 year + shipping cost
What are you waiting for? Adopt your own bergamot tree and take a corner of Calabria with you. Bergamot is a fruit with beneficial qualities. Adopting a bergamot tree from Calabria is a great gift idea. and receive citrus fruits at your home.
Great gift idea.